Basic Guacamole Recipe: Simple and Homemade
If you need avocado to turn into super fast guacamole, or you have never made guacamole before, then this is a way to try. Using only a few simple ingredients and pre-made or store-bought salsa, this homemade simple and basic guacamole recipe is fast, easy to prepare and absolutely foolproof.
This is just a basic guacamole recipe, with everything you need, not anything: avocado, lime juice, salsa, and some garlic, salt and cayenne. Although you might want to add some fresh chopped cilantro, if that’s your thing.
I like this kind of “semi-homemade” recipes of basic and simple recipes because they have all the conveniences of store-bought prepared food, as well as all the pride and freshness of homemade meals. So, if you want to try a “semi-homemade” or “liar” guacamole, please read on.
This recipe is completely vegan, vegan, and if you check the ingredients on store-bought salsa, it should also be gluten-free. And, if you are looking for simpler vegetarian Mexican food to try at home, I already have what you need.
See also: Easier Homemade Guacamole Recipes to Try
What do you need
- 1 large avocado (ripe)
- 1 teaspoon. Lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon. Garlic powder
- Impact salt taste (sea salt or kosher salt is highly recommended)
- Optional: Dash cayenne or chili powder (or about 1 / 2-1 teaspoon hot sauce or taco sauce)
How do i do this
- First, make sure your avocado is soft and ripe enough. If not, you may want to check out some tips on how to ripen avocados here.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove it. Shovel the green meat into a small and medium-sized bowl.
- Next, mash the avocado with a fork until it is almost smooth, or until the desired consistency is achieved. Generally speaking, a few small pieces are fine, but you want it to be mostly smooth. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with guacamole, so you can make it smooth or rough the way you like.
- Once your avocado is mashed, add lemon or lime juice, prepared salsa, garlic powder, sea salt or kosher salt and chili powder, chili powder, hot sauce or taco sauce, if you use it. Mix together gently until well combined.
- That’s it!
You can adjust the flavor of the condiments, or just continue to soak your potato chips and enjoy your super simple guacamole and store-bought salsa!
Guacamole is not well maintained. Prepare guacamole as much as possible, as close to your time as possible.
The freshness of guacamole is really important! If you must store the refrigerator in the freezer for a period of time, please transfer it to the smallest possible container and place a clear plastic wrap on top to prevent it from turning brown. No one likes brown guac!
Guacamole is best eaten at room temperature. Another reason to make it right away!
Other common guac ingredients, if you want something more? Freshly chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, or, stretch out with some sour cream
See also: Easier homemade guacamole recipes to try