Murg Makhani: Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter chicken was born in the kitchen of the Moti Mahal Hotel in Delhi in the 1950s. Today, it is one of the most well-known foods in India in the world.
Many restaurants all over the world have versions of it, they are not real at all! Before you see what real butter chicken should look and taste.
You should know what it shouldn’t look like-sweet, full of food coloring, full of raisins or ketchup-unfortunately, you may find these dishes with Some restaurant menus are named “Butter Chicken”.
Butter chicken originated in northern India, Punjab to be precise. It gets a lovely and unique flavor from rich tomatoes, yogurt, and smoked assure added to its gravy.
This can be done hot or mild, as it suits most tastes. Also referred to as Murg Makhani, butter chicken with Kaali Daal (black lentils), naans and tossed salad taste great.
This butter chicken recipe is the real deal. If it feels like the ingredient list is exhaustive, please don’t let it stop you-they are all commonly used ingredients in Indian cooking.
We recommend making spice powder (such as a recipe) from scratch because this will give you the best results. This recipe has been tried and tested many times and is loved by everyone who has eaten it.
What do you need
- 2 1/4 lbs. / 1 kg. Boneless Chicken, Skin Removed
- 1 Lime or Lemon Juice
- Amount of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder (for your taste)
- 6 Cloves
- 8 to 10 peppers
- 1-inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 to 10 Almonds
- Seeds from 3 to 4 Pods Cardamom
- 1 cup fresh,Unsweetened Yogurt (not Sour)
- 2 teaspoons. Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon. Cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. Turmeric Powder
- 3 tablespoons. Vegetable, Rapeseed, or Sunflower Cooking Oil
- 2 Onions Finely Chopped
- 2 teaspoons. Garlic
- 1 teaspoon. Jiang Rong
- One 14 Ounces. Yes,/400 grams.
- Chopped Tomatoes, Ground into a Smooth Paste During a Kitchen Appliance
- 2 cups / 1/2 Liter Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons. Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 3 tablespoons. Butter
- Garnish: Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves
How to do it Murg Makhani: Butter Chicken Recipe
- Combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and red pepper powder in a large non-metallic bowl. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan or pan over medium heat and lightly roast (stir frequently) the cloves, pepper, cinnamon, bay leaf and almonds until they are slightly darkened. Cool and add cardamom seeds. It is now ground into a coarse powder in a clean dry coffee grinder.
- Mix together the yogurt, spice powder (from the previous step), coriander powder, cumin and turmeric powder and add to the chicken. Let it marinate for another hour. Heat oil during a deep pot over medium heat.
- When hot, add onions. Fry until light golden brown, then add ginger and garlic paste. Fry for another minute.
- Add chicken (reserve the marinade) and fry until the chicken becomes opaque and the flesh color changes from pink to white.
- Now, add tomato sauce, chicken broth, kasuri methi and yogurt spice marinade to the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy is reduced to half of its original volume.
- Melt the butter in another small pot and pour it over the chicken.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan and Kaali Daal.
For Authentic And Traditional Cooked Flavors:
When the butter chicken is cooked, make a little bowl shape with aluminum foil and place it on top of the curry (so it “floats” on it). Heat the charcoal block on an open flame until it is hot, then gently put the charcoal into an aluminum foil bowl. Cover the plate immediately.
Remove the lid before eating, discard the aluminum foil bowl and charcoal, and serve. The curry will be full of smoky flavor.
Nutrition Guide (per serving)
(The dietary records of our recipe is calculated the use of the element database and can be taken into consideration an estimate. Individual results may vary.)
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.